Thursday, July 7, 2011

I'd do it for free!


In response to Spring Break:
I’d Do it for Free

Lauren got sick
we sat at those tables
the orange ones right by Deja Vu
Grace and Camille had left
Lauren and I had nothing to do
but bake ourselves in the Valencia sun

She reached din her pocket
“two dollars says you won’t”
I thought for a while
“up it to three and I will”

Grace and Camille returned, and we filled them in
after an eternity of contemplation
and a few “whether you think you can or can’t, your right”’s from Grace
I walked into the store
he was cuter from far away
“excuse me? Can I tell you something?”
Then, without waiting for a response
I reached my face up
got him squarely on the lips
turned quickly
and walked away

Grace said “I didn’t see – do it again”
Lauren said she’d pay again – what did I have to lose?

This one’s name was Dylan
he was cute too – from far away
 I used the same line
this one turned though
kind of a half – mouth, half – cheek thing
he turned bright red
his friend was jealous

I collected my money, the gave it back
it was too much fun –
I’d do it for free!

No comments:

Post a Comment