Thursday, July 7, 2011

Tease


Tease
Leah Pettit
Period 3
Mr. Ellis



It was a summer night – the kind that are so warm that a single touch can overheat every inch of your body. I was in a park, playing hide and go seek. I was wearing red dickies – the red that you would still be able to see even if you couldn’t see your hand in front of your face. I was sweating – my parents though I was at my house in Newbury Park; they told me they trusted me.
The streetlamps were close – close enough to cast strange shadows around the jungle gym, where I was curled up at the top of a tube slide, my head resting on my knees. He hid at the bottom of my slide. We talked, casually, laughed, he told me my face looked orange next to my pants. We were alone. the person who was it was searching 500 yards away. I stood up in the shelter of a plastic tower. I remember how hot my mouth felt and how tight my muscles were. he started climbing up the slide. Seeing his arms flail and his white socks scramble with the effort he put into reaching me made me smile – it still makes me smile. he put so much effort in to getting to where I was.
he emerged from the slide, his knuckles turning white as he lugged his bulk up towards me. he was about 2 feet away. I suddenly had the urge to fan myself, but I stood still.
We stood near each other, talking, for probably 3 minutes, though I don’t remember a word we said. All I could hear was my own heartbeat, all I could feel was my boiling insides. The conversation died. he put his hand on my stomach – I could feel his sweat through the thin layer of white fabric stretched over me. My hands started sweating.
he got closer, closer, and just as I could feel his hot breath on my mouth, I turned my head, winked, smiled, bit my lip, and walked away.

No comments:

Post a Comment